Hello! How have you been? All good? Well, if you haven’t then hop on the Thankful Express and count your blessings along with me. 🙂
Today, I am thankful for the following-
1. For friends who tell me funny love stories over Gtalk to make me laugh. 🙂 You know who you are!
2. For this extremely energetic+ motivational song. Young Rajni!
3. For Dance.
I went for my second Contemp. Class today. My legs didn’t wobble at all this week – a definite improvement. After an hour of stretching and strength building exercises, we embarked on a very interesting experiment- Improvisation. Being a Classical dancer, the structure/narrative for the dance has always been presented to me. I just had to understand it and dance according to the frame. In contemporary dance however, it is tougher in that the dancer also has to figure out the structure herself. Since it is all so free-flowing, it is upto the dancer to listen to the music, understand the emotion being conveyed and “just move”. Eventually, the movements flow into a structure. (Or something like that. I’m still figuring it out.)
We (4 dancers) did this improvisation exercise where an emotion was described to us and the music switched on. Lights were switched off except for the green “EXIT” sign. That was the only illumination in the room. We were instructed to connect with each other physically and mentally, but without touching or talking. Only through movements. I felt very uncomfortable at first, never having experienced such an exercise. But after about 10 minutes into it, I slowly loosened up, let go.. and it turned out to be quite interesting experience. The teacher then gave us some comments about how we moved and behaved in the 20 minutes. Was a very different experience indeed! I am not sure if I can give out more details yet, so stay tuned for more updates about my experiences with Improvisation. 🙂
4. For the fact that by this time tomorrow, I will officially be done with my 7th semester of Engineering. And I will be home shortly afterwards. YIPPEEE!
5. For having clean, freshly laundered clothes to wear and not having to worry about doing this for another whole month (since Mummy dearest will take over at home!!)
6. For caffeine. What would I do without my daily dose of tea/coffee? Shudder.
Although I should cut down if I hope to live long and stuff.
7. For a clean room with a killer fan. (Thanks roomy! 🙂 )
So that’s my list! Are you feeling thankful yet? Tell me what you are feeling good about in the comments. Have a nice day! 🙂