Good evening, all. Its a chilly, windy one here at Singapore and this is Shweta, reporting live for Decembermist’s Blog!
It hasn’t been a great today today, but hey that’s what Thankful Tuesdays are for right? Thankful = Happy. So in attempt to salvage what is left of today, I present to you my list –
1. I’m thankful for my all time favourite Tamil songs. These have been my favourite right from when I was a kid, so they really are very comforting and soothing. I’m listening to this as I write. Music is so very beautiful, don’t you think? There is always a song for every occasion, every mood.. 🙂
2. I’m thankful that I only have an hour of classes tomorrow. Hopefully tomorrow will be a productive day and I will get around to my FYP.
3. I’m thankful to Facebook (who would’ve thunk?). All companies now have an online presence that they are consciously attending to everyday.. I wanted some information about the career options of a few companies and was wondering how to reach out to them, given that the generic email address listed on their websites are almost never monitored. I searched for them on Facebook and addressed my queries on their page. And lo and behold! I was granted with replies from 2 of them within a few hours! That was quite unexpected and helped a smile onto my face. 🙂
4. I’m thankful to a dear friend who emails me regularly about what she is grateful for that day. It always adds cheer to the day!
5. I’m thankful I finished reading Jane Eyre, by Charlotte Bronte. It is superbly powerful and I enjoyed the feminist heroine very much. It was a tad depressing though, and was quite gripping in its narrative. I’m glad I’m done with the book so I can move on to focusing on other stuff.
That’s about it for now. What are you thankful for most? It is mid-week tomorrow! I think that’s a good enough reason to chin-up and smile 🙂 Have a great day!