Gong Xi Fa Cai! Happy Lunar New Year. 🙂 This is the year of the dragon, supposed to be an auspicious one. I’m certainly hoping that that’s true!
Today is the fourth day of holidays in Singapore, and NUS seems to have had a shutdown. Every canteen in the campus is closed, the buses don’t operate and the supermarkets are shut. Its pretty desolate taking a walk along the campus roads.. no people in sight (this is a once-in-a-blue-moon occurrence in population dense Singapore). But things go on as normal for me and my other Indian friends, so we have been finding ways to keep busy and carry out our daily lives!
Here’s what I’m thankful for this week-
1. I’m thankful that I had a lovely break of four days, filled with lots of fun and friends. We played together, ate together and studied together! And watched some people getting drunk together. 😉 Its our last semester in NUS and this is one of the last times we can ever hang out in a gang of 10+ people.. So suddenly, everyone (including me) is being more cooperative, proactive in organising outings and generally making more of an effort to be with friends. It is really nice to be a part of this.. 🙂 Bwahh I don’t want to leave NUS!
2. I’m thankful for the fact that in around 4 hours, I will be feasting on a meal of Vathakozambu, curries of lady fingers & potatoes, gravies made with cauliflowers and bell peppers and baadam kheer for dessert. All made by us, from scratch!
3. I am thankful that I have a clean room and washed vessels. It is such a relief to not worry about silly domestic chores.
4. I am thankful for Google Reader – I finally got it set up and its been nice to access all my favourite blogs/websites from one place. Give it a try, if you are sick of constantly checking a website for updates like a maniac.
5. The Big One: I am thankful for dance! 🙂 I finally feel like I am getting back into shape. I practice every week for more than 7 hours in total, and I really love it! I am learning Contemporary Odissi and its proving to be a challenging, rewarding experience. I am constantly out of my comfort zone, I am discovering muscles I never thought I had and I am so spent from the exercise that I sleep soundly at night.
I’ve tried jogging, going to the gym and playing sports for exercise.. I feel that dancing is the most exciting/enjoyable way out of all! Sports would be second I guess. Don’t even get me started about jogging and the gym.
6. I am also thankful that people change..
Sometimes, I am so stuck up in my perception of someone that I fail to see that they are actually trying to change for the better. It helps that try to I open my mind and notice their efforts. It feels nice to acknowledge the change and celebrate the small victories.
The next time you see someone you have a strong opinion about, time a moment to reconsider. They might just have changed. You need to want to see the good in people for you to actually see it!
Now you tell me what you are thankful for. Holidays? the lack of them? sleep? food? love? nice people? I love comments y’all. Have a great day!